Step-by-step guide to rotate your computer screen:
A common problem which some find hilarious, others find infuriating. Fortunately, this is a very simple to fix problem and you don’t need to do anything drastic to resolve it. You might also find that in the process you learn a quick little hack for having a good look at those scanned documents without turning your head, or viewing pictures without finding the button to turn it.
To turn your screen, hold the ALT and CTRL buttons and then press the Up arrow to straighten your computer screen out. You can also use this combination with the Left and Right arrows if your screen is sideways and the Down arrow if you ever need to flip your screen upside down.
The keyboard combinations to spin your screen round are as follows:
- CTRL + ALT + Up = Rotate your screen back to its normal orientation
- CTRL + ALT + Down = Rotate your screen to the upside down orientation
- CTRL + ALT + Left = Rotate your screen to the left
- CTRL + ALT + Right = Rotate your screen to the right
Hopefully that’s all you need to get your screen back to normal. If you are having continuous issues with your screen spinning itself round without reason, or for whatever reason the above keyboard shortcuts haven’t done the trick, follow these steps below.
For Windows 10
- Right click on your mouse in an empty space on your desktop
- Select ‘Display settings’ from the menu
- In the Display menu, head to the orientation drop down and select either: Landscape, Portrait, Landscape (flipped) or Portrait (flipped) until you’re screen is back to normal
- Once your screen is back to normal, hit Keep Changes to save the orientation. If not click revert or wait 15 seconds.
For Windows 7 & 8
- Click the windows Logo in the bottom left corner
- Select control panel from the right-hand side of the menu
- Click Appearance & Resolution
- Open the drop-down box next to Orientation and select either: Landscape, Portrait, Landscape (flipped) or Portrait (flipped) until you’re screen is back to normal
- Once your screen is back to normal, hit keep changes to save the orientation. If not click revert or wait 15 seconds.
Talk to a computer repair specialist. Get in touch with us here at Hero Tech Support for expert advice and fixes.